The DFG Emmy Noether Project Knowledge and Decision is pleased to announce an international conference entitled Knowledge and Decision at the University of Hamburg from June 13th to 15th, 2019. As the title suggests, the conference covers topics at the intersection of epistemology and decision theory. Questions of interest include (but are not limited to):
- What does knowledge offer over mere true belief when it comes to making decisions and guiding action?
- What are the prospects for a knowledge-based decision theory?
- How would a knowledge-based decision theory compare to and interact with Standard Decision Theory?
- How should one think about reasons for action?
We have an exciting line-up with four invited speakers. Four further slots for presentation are reserved for submissions via a call for extended abstracts. The invited speakers are:
- Wolfgang Spohn (University of Konstanz)
- Julia Staffel (University of Colorado at Boulder)
- Johanna Thoma (London School of Economics)
- Timothy Williamson (University of Oxford)